Medical Education Technology Unit
To promote the training of teachers of health profession in education science and technology.
To promote development and application of educational process such as educational planning, teaching techniques, evaluation and continuing education.
To keep teachers update in their own specialties.
OFFICER IN CHARGE - Dr.K.Koteshwar Rao, M.D ( Dean & Principal)
Co – ordinator Dr.B.Anuradha, M.D
- Dr M. Vijayasree M.D
- Dr.S.Pandu Ranga Rao,M.D
- Dr. C.M.Pavan Kumar Reddy,M.D
- Dr.B.P..Ravi Kumar,M.D.
- Miss P.Srilakshmi, M.Sc.
Non – Teaching Staff
- Stenographer - Kavita
- Computer operator - Santosh .S
- Audio – Visual Technician - N.Gopi
- Photographer - K. Lenin
All the faculty in Medical Education Technology Unit are trained at NATIONAL TEACHERS’ TRAINING CENTRE, JIPMER, Pondicherry.
LCD Project, OHP Projector, Computer, Xerox, Scanner, Printer, Video Camera, Digital Still Camera & Other Photography equipment.
ACTIVITIES OF METU:-
- Regularly monitoring teacher evaluation & student evaluation.
- Teacher self assessment activity .
- Improving teaching – learning activities by micro teaching and teacher training programmes.
- Educating Postgraduate students on Pedagogy and on research methodology, scientific publications and biostatistics.
- Regularly conducting teacher training programmes for the faculty members .
- Organizing CME programmes.
- Organizing under graduate, interns and postgraduate orientation programmes.
- Carrying out educational projects.
Regularly deputing faculty members to National and regional training centers.
Work shops conducted in Medical Education Technology by Medical Education Unit of the College and their details
1) 3day workshop on teachers training program was conducted for faculty members in September 2009. 36 faculty members were trained.
2) CME Programme on research methodology and Biostatistics was conducted in April 2009 for Postgraduates and faculty members.
• 75 members were trained. On that occasion Dr.P.V.Chalam,Prof, of Surgery, Gandhi Medical college, Hyderbad, Dr.David Swaroop, Professor of Physiology Deccan Medical College, Hyderabad, Dr Manoj Patki,Asso.professor of SPM Mamata Medical College were resource persons.
3) CME Programme was organized on the occasion of platinum jubilee celebrations of MCI in April,2008.
• On that occation Dr.Vishnu Bhatt, Prof.of Peadiatrics, JIPMER. Dr.David Swaroop, Prof.of Physilogy.Deccan Medical College, Hyderabad & Dr.R.V.Subrahmanyam, Principal, Vishnu,Dental College, Bhimavarm were invited as resource persons. They delivered lectures on the topics - Medical ethics, Teaching Learning Media and Computer assisted learning.
4) Three days work shop on faculty training programme was conducted in November 2008.
• 33 faculty members were trained. On that occasion Dr.P.v.Chalam Prof. of Surgery, Gandhi Medical College, Dr.David Swaroop, prof.of Physiology, Deccan Medical College, & Dr.B.Anuradha, Assoc.Prof.of Microbiology were resource persons.
Orientation programmes conducted in 2010 as formulated by Dr NTRUHS
||orientation programme for interns
||orientation programme for Post graduates
(2010-11 batch) - phase 1
||phase – 2 orientation programme on research
||orientation programme for I MBBS Phase –I
||Orientation programme for III semester
||Orientation programme for I MBBS I semester students
Ongoing Educational projects:
Academic activities during the year 2010
- Introduction of problem based exercises after a lecture for final year MBBS students in OBG.
- Improving the learning outcome of slow learners by various teaching/ learning methods.
- To introduce OSCE/OSPE as a learning and as a evaluation tool.
- To introduce MCQs as a method of lecture evaluation.
- To compare the effect of teaching with black board and teaching withA-V aids (OHP & LCD).
Actvities in 2011:-
||CME in General Surgery on thyroid disorders
||CME in Obstetrics & Gynecology on the topic Day to
Day infertility practice - Clinical tips
||CME in Psychiatry on the topic Psycho diagnostics
||CME in obstetrics and gynecology on the topics
1) Role of oncology in General practice & advanced
2) Carcinoma ovary- staging and surgical management, role
Interns orientation program for 2010 batch
Orientation on medical ethics for interns
||CME in Medical Education on Research
Methodology & Scientific Publications, Library
|| P.G. orientation programme for2010 -2011
|| Orientation Programme for Ist year MBBS Students
2010 - 2011 batch
|| Orientation Programme for II MBBS (3rd Semester)
Students CME in OBG
|| CME in Pharmacology on rational use of Medicines
Orientation programme for I MBBS ( 1st Semester)
students – Phase – 2 held on 23.10.2010)
|| CME in Department of ENT on 12. 12. 2010.
CME in Microbiology on NANO Technology
CME in OBG – practical aspects of management of
endocrine disorders in pregnancy.
Dr B. Anuradha, co-ordinator, M E T U, presented a paper in State conference in Medical Education organized by Andhra Medical College, Vizag in January 2011 and awarded second prize for best paper presentation.
Dr B. Anuradha, asso.professor,Microbiology & Co-ordinator M E T U, was invited as a resource person for teachers’ training programme ,at regional centre, Gandhi Medical College organized by MCI.
Orientation programme for Ist MBBS students Phase -I
on 01.08.2011 & 02.08.2011.
||Orientation programme for IInd MBBS students (3rd
||Interns orientation programme.(7.4.11 & 8. 4.11).
Faculty development programme on Pedagogy & OSCE /
OSPE (24 .4.11)
||PG orientation programme.(08.06.11 & 09.06.11)
||Orientation programme & Hands on training for
interns on basic life support system.(25.7.11)
Orientation on Skill development & Stress management
for PG Students .(28. 7 .11)
Introduction of College & Hospital.
Prevention of Raging & Raging Act.
Rules of College, Hospital & Hostels.
Course & Structure of MBBS.
Relevance of basic sciences in medicine.
Advanced CPR for PG students (18.08.11).
Orientation programme & Hands on training on basic life
SeptemberCME in Research & Methodology & Biostatistics.
Orientation programme for 3rd semester MBBS students.
Introduction to clinical methods.
Case sheet writing Etiquettee & Bedside Manners.
Introduction of Medical Ethics.
Introduction of Rational Medicine.
Level I teachers’ training (in collaboration with MCI )
(30.09.11, 01.10.11, 02.10.11.)
Orientation programme (Phase II) for 1st MBBS Students.
Study & Examination Skills.
Recent trends in Medical Technology.
Scope of Medicine & Future Avenues.
Presentation Skills & Etiquettee.
Computers in Medical Education.
National Health Problems.